Do you want to:
• help reduce your neighborhood’s carbon emissions by at least 25%?
• reduce your neighborhood’s water use by 32%?
• make your block safer and greener?
• prepare for earthquakes and other disasters?
We have fewer than 99 months to 2030 when the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change tells us we must have dramatically reduced our emissions. The Neighborhood Council
Sustainability Alliance is partnering with the City of Los Angeles’s Climate Emergency Mobilization Office to bring Cool Blocks to LA and to bring people together to create the neighborhoods we want to live in and reduce our impact on the environment. The Neighborhood Council Sustainability Alliance is looking for Cool Block Leaders in the city of Los Angeles to engage your neighbors in this effort.
Cool Blocks LA uses a proven neighbor-to-neighbor model that has helped thousands of people make their neighborhoods safer and healthier, prepare for disasters, save money, and lighten their environmental impact. You can green your neighborhood, make it safer to walk in or decide with your neighbors to do whatever is right for your area.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR COOL BLOCK LEADERS. This is an opportunity to build a stronger community with your neighbors, expand or capitalize on your leadership skills, and improve the quality of life in your neighborhood.
HOW IT WORKS
• Cool Blocks LA is a free 5-month, 9-meeting, action-based program.
• It is self-directed by a team of S to 8 households, recruited by you, on your block (defined as both sides of the street up to the corners, a cul-de-sac, or an apartment building).
• A meeting is hosted and facilitated by a different team member in his/her/their home (or via Zoom I) every two weeks with the support of a step-by-step meeting guide.
• Each 90-minute to 2-hour meeting focuses on a distinct topic connected to reducing your carbon footprint, conserving water, preparing for disasters, or improving the quality of life in your neighborhood.
• Every Cool Block Leader will be trained and have ongoing coaching and support.
• The time required is about 2 to 4 hours a week for 5 months.
Learn more at: https://www.ncsa.la/cool_blocks_la